|E. Scott Bushnell's Resume
Technology Strategy / Operational Excellence Executive
Leadership / Project Management – Management of Client Service Level
/ Performance Agreements
/ Business Interface – Business Process Transformation … Requirements
Definition … Multi-Tier Architecture
– Combines skills at the Strategic, Operational, and Technical levels
to identify business needs, solve complex issues, and deliver improved
business applications that have a tangible impact on organizational performance.
Background includes senior domestic and international experience with
Blue Cross & Blue Shield, and Electronic Data Systems (EDS), including
highly visible role managing EDS corporate marketing effort to the
Olympic Committee (Barcelona Olympic Games). Consistent Success in Improving Productivity, Profitability, and Reducing Costs:
•Business Development and Health Care support
Miles of Smiles Glided Tours, Atlantic Beach, FL - 2004 - 2006
Everest Group, Dallas, TX – 1998 to 2003
• Recruited to management consulting firm specializing in Health Care Outsourcing to start-up Health Care Sector practice, based on high-level expertise. Built practice from ground up to market success, developing the business strategy that generated $3.5 million in revenues in first six months.
• Directed all aspects of customer solutions management, including negotiation and management of service level agreements and performance expectations, selection of final bidder, implementation and training. Managed and implemented over 18 large-scale outsourcing engagements for eight major hospital systems, providing leadership to cross-disciplined consulting teams.
& Blue Shield of Florida, Jacksonville, FL – 1989 to 1998
• Led all long-term technology research and strategy development for Electronic Commerce for Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Florida. Worked closely with key groups that supported e-commerce to identify milestones, gather issues and pursue solutions. Developed strategic management plan for the implementation of Internet and Intranet presence, now an integral part of the business.
• Drove development of sophisticated performance management system aligned with overall corporate mission and objectives, resulting in 35% improvement in productivity and performance. This highly successful system was written in Visual BASIC over a two-year period and incorporated individual and team goal setting and tracking; skills management and periodic reporting.
closely with internal customers and stakeholders to identify business
requirements to improve business processes and support critical business
strategies, delivering high-quality systems solutions that met/exceeded
the functional area needs. Established Corporate Prioritization Committee,
a key group focused on organization diagnosis and streamlining operations
through system improvements.
Northwest Operations, Local Group Market Operations (1989-1992)
• Initially joined company as Senior Project Manager (5 months), responsible for large-scale project management as a result of corporate restructuring and decision to regionalize centralized operations.
Data Systems (EDS), Dallas, Texas, 1984 to 1988
• Led all aspects of sales and marketing efforts to the Barcelona 1992 Summer Olympics Committee, including P&L management, development of account penetration and relationships development strategy for Large Game Systems business, playing against major competition. Spearheaded business plans, understanding customer's most important requirements and created capture plans that won this major business pursuit, comprised of three contracts for three separate, highly complex systems valued at over $32 million in revenue.
negotiated joint venture contracts with Peat Marwick & Mitchell, CAOP
Zagreb, and IBM Europe. Managed all marketing, sales, public relations,
system design and development, and customer relations. Proposals were
extremely detailed and included five volumes of comprehensive data concerning
methodologies, data transfer and system architecture in four languages
each. Additional contracts negotiated with IBM Spain, Arthur Anderson
Spain and several Korean firms. Entire team consisted of 64 members from
• Rapidly started and expanded marketing efforts for EDS International South Europe Marketing, developing a high-performance, cross-cultural team of 72 employees (French, Italian, Spanish and American). Created and implemented marketing strategies for France, Spain, and Italy, developing 37 major contracts which generated $37 million + in long-term revenues. Significantly expanded EDS market presence in facilities management space.
Unilever Account (1986-1987)
Manager, France (1986)
Indiana Medicare Account (1984-1985)
Early Career (EDS, prior to 1984):
• Joined EDS initially in a customer service function and rapidly progressed through increasingly responsible technology management positions. Gained deep skills in design and development of critical business applications (Cobol and Assembler language), payroll and facilities management on IBM mainframe, as well as advanced technologies (evolution from batch processing to online programming).
• Served as Manager of Eastern Regional Education, developing and delivering technology management training to all EDS employees in the region. Established, organized and implemented the first centralized Advanced Technology Training Center for Electronic Data Systems Eastern Region. Trained over 700 students in advanced computer technologies, management and new hire orientation, significantly enhancing employee skills and marketability.
Project Manager, led implementation of multiple large, high volume systems,
including all aspects of training, documentation and ongoing customer
support for four major Medicare systems – completed on time and
within budget. Turned around several troubled Medicare system installations,
working closely with client senior management and staff to assess, prioritize,
and resolve issues.
• Designed and developed Internet home pages using Visual BASIC and Web page programming languages (HTML, Java Script, Asp) for several organizations and companies, including the City of Jacksonville’s International Business development effort, Perdue Office Interiors and Notable Dolls.
• Acted as independent consultant for several projects, including recommending RFP strategy for a technology company for bidding of outsourcing engagement, and serving as third party expert for critical data information sharing between two recently merged insurance companies.
US Navy Service:
Officer, Defense Intelligence School, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington,
Education / Professional Development:
Electrical Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Gathering of Eagles